Thursday, March 6, 2014

Review of Keep Me by Leighton Del Mia

Synopsis“I will disappoint you. I will hurt you. If I could be different, I would. But I don’t think I can.”

Keep Me is a follow-up novella for Hero readers who want a glimpse of life after breakfast. It is optional and not essential to the original plot. It is only intended to be read after Hero, and is not a standalone.

Novella length: 21,000 words


4.5 Stars
Review:

If you have not read the first book, Hero, please do not read this review, as there might be unintentional spoilers. I am very glad that I read Keep Me after finishing the first book, Hero. Keep Me explores more of Cataline figuring herself out and her response to her experiences at the hands of Calvin. It begins not long after they have gotten back together, and they are trying to figure out how to make them work as a couple, as opposed to their previous roles of captive and captor.

Cataline is still dealing with the fall out of her time at the Mansion, even though three years have past. She had begun to move on with Grant, but, as soon as Calvin walks back into her life, she knows that he is ultimately what she needs now. Only he can answer the darkness inside her - even though he is mostly the cause of it. I am glad to see that she begins to see a therapist and talk about her experiences at his hands. Just as things seem to be settling down for Cataline and Calvin - well, as much as they can for these two - they learn that the cartel seems to be back up and running with a face from their past. I am curious to see if anything happens next with that. This is a short book, as it is a novella, but I felt that it rounded out the story from Hero very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment