Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Introduction - Jade

Hey everyone! Just to be clear..........NO I am NOT a stripper......well at least I don't do that as a profession. I've always been told Jade is such a pretty name or that it sounds like a stripper. Hmmmm......debating if that's an insult or not? Anywho, in high school I was not the goody good girl when it came to sex. I knew a thing or two :) I was, however, the late bloomer (being in my mid 30's), when I learned a few "new" tricks! Thank goodness for a book called 50 Shades when I broke down, finally, and read it.

I have always loved to read. I remember even in middle school, staying up until 2 or 3 in the morning to finish a book. I have even gone without sleep because I just had to finish a book that I began that same day! Yes, I LOVE to read! But then along came a family and there was no time to read. I tend to ignore everyone and tune them out when reading. Yeah, the husband really loves me when I do this! Especially if all three of our children are in need of something and we all know that rarely happens!! Hahaha! Anyway, I finally got back into reading. I kept hearing this talk about 50 Shades....I finally gave in and read it. WOW did I learn some new things! Mainly a whole new genre of books that I never learned about in school!!

My favorite book? Just about anything I read. Why? Because I always get sucked into the story. There have only been, maybe, two books I could not finish or get past the first few chapters. I REALLY dislike when there is a book series and there is so much time between them, that I have to reread to understand the next one. I now understand why J.K. Rowling wrote Harry Potter the way she did. It would drive me nuts to reread the beginning of her books since it was always the back story, but now I understand why.

My favorite author? I don't have one really. I just love to get lost in a book. I am still waiting for that one author to throw a curve ball to the reader and not be predictable. Although Jettie Woodruff did a phenomenal job in Underestimated, of not being predictable. I loved the ending not being the "happy" everything is great and for evoking a strong emotion from me for a character. Sorry ladies, I just can't like Drew....he's just a......ugh! I just don't like him! Just thinking about him still pisses me off! Tarryn Fisher also was a great author who made me despise a character! Oh that Dirty Red!!

My favorite book boyfriend? All of them!! Jesse Ward, Deuce, Sebastian, Simon Parker, and the list goes on. Guess that's just the slut in me :-)

The female character I am most like is Darcy Rhone from Something Blue by Emily Giffin. Not by the character's actions but more alike in personality. Made me realize some things that I do and need to change about myself. However, I wish I had half the determination and confidence of most the female characters I read about.

No comments:

Post a Comment