Saturday, March 1, 2014

Introduction - Marissa


Hello ladies, It's me, the late bloomer, the Sheltered one, the "what the hell is 69 position?" I was the one who never had time to read, I was the "good girl". If I did read, it sure as Hell was not going to be about SEX!  Although, I do remember there were a few summers in high school I would go to the public library and pick out some PG-13 books/ young adult. Those were fun and a little risque. Then college came, nursing school, marriage, child #1, NP school, then child #2. My life was pretty full, who had time to read? Until my best friend insisted I read Fifty Shades of Grey by  E. L. James. After Fifty, I was no longer the Missionary Girl! Don't get me wrong, I am far from a Fifty Girl, but at least I have goals now. ;-)
I say Fifty Shades was my turning point but my ultimate love was The Twilight Series. I could read those books over and over again. I know, you are thinking "Corny", then Corny I am. Which leads me to my favorite book boyfriend which will always and forever be Edward Cullen. He can sink his teeth in me anytime.  My favorite author would be Jude Deverax. I love how she connects love stories through different centuries. Her books were my first romance novels which only seems right that should would remain my favorite author. Now I have moved on from PG 13 to R and sometimes X with the help of my Lovely Book Clubbers. I have experienced Love, Hate, Sadness, and Joy at so many different levels. I have cried, yelled, laughed, fallen in love and rolled my eyes at so many different characters. I have discovered a new love and that love is reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment