Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Review of Infinity (Infinity #4) by Layne Harper

Synopsis: Colin McKinney has wanted three things since he met Caroline “Charlie” Collins when he was a junior at Texas A&M University: to make her his wife, play professional football, and have a family. In the first three books of the Infinity Series, Colin and Charlie met, fell in love, broke apart, reunited eight years later, and got married. In the years they were separated, Colin became the starting quarterback for the Dallas Cowboys, but was still chasing his Super Bowl dream. Charlie graduated from Harvard Medical School, fulfilling her dream of becoming a doctor. In “Infinity.”, Charlie and Colin are facing their toughest challenge as a couple yet—finding the balance between their personal lives and career goals. Both are still fighting to have it all. In the final installment of the Infinity Series, will Colin get everything that he’s always dreamt of? And do Colin and Charlie ultimately find their happiness?
This book is part of the Infinity Series available on Amazon. The reading order is “Falling Into Infinity”, “From Now Until Infinity”, “Finding Infinity”, and "Infinity."

4.5 Stars!

Review: It was bittersweet for me to read this book, as I knew that it was wrapping up Colin and Charlies's story. I have enjoyed this series because I really felt like I was part of a real story, as we progressed from CharCol's college days up through them being in their 30's and a little beyond. 

In this final book, Charlie and Colin are still in Dallas, as he is still playing for the Cowboys. He has made it back from the "break heard 'round the world" in the season before, and he is currently wrapping up his most successful season after having won the Super Bowl. Charlie, meanwhile, is about to give birth to their first child, which was such an amazing thing to read and be part of, as you had previously seen their struggles to get pregnant. Much of the rest of the book is about the two of them learning to balance being in the spotlight due to his career, Charlie trying to find a place for herself as a mom, as a professional, and as his wife. Then, you throw in the rest of life, and these two struggle just as they have in the previous books. 

I have to be honest, I know that he can be a little neurotic and over-protective and just...alpha male, but Colin has always been my favorite of these two. I have really struggled with Charlie because she is not just a strong female, but she is almost just really selfish, at times. I try to give her a little bit of grace, because I know some of that is due to her own struggle with control issues, her eating disorder, abandonment issues and overcompensating, etc, but her decisions often frustrated me. These two have always struggled with compromise, and that battle just continued in this book. I'm actually not even sure that I like how the book wrapped up, in regards to Colin, but I did enjoy reading about the two of them try to figure things out. And, I think that says just as much about this author, that I can connect with these characters so much that I do feel like I should have a say...as though they are friends of mine that I want to give a stern talking to...

Anyways, I am hopeful to read more about their daughter, Ainsley, so I'm hopeful that the author has something in store for her. I would love to keep up with this family!

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment