Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Review of Finding Solace by Barbara Speak

Review:
Finding Solace
by
Barbara Speak
Synopsis:



Sadie Warren is a walking contradiction. The confidence she wears on the outside is only to cover the scars that are embedded on her soul. Coming out of an abusive relationship where she was stripped of her security and confidence, she chooses to bury it under every man she gives her body to. After one intoxicated night that she will never remember in its entirety, everything begins to change. Being seen more for her positive attributes and less for her faults, Sadie arises from the dark and into a place she feels safe. But with that comes a chain of events that blur the lines of everything she thought she needed and everything she's beginning to want. Will fear keep her from the one thing she believes she desires most or will fate take a turn unexpectedly and change everything?
Review:
Ever read a synopsis and think sounds good but familiar...yep I won't lie that's what I said to myself when I first saw this book. BOY was I wrong!!!
This book was so different than the typical romance books we've all been reading. What was so different you ask?? Well for starters...it wasn't predictable. I had to really pay attention or I would miss some important detail. It was emotional, heartfelt and absolutely possible in every day life.
You ever read a book that you just can't get out of your head? Hours, days pass and you are driving down the road and a song comes on and you instantly think of the characters and what they went through as if it were real?? Ahhh yeah totally happened to me today...only I didn't know who the song fit more Colt or Ash (sigh). I am dying to get my hands on the next book Fearing Regret so I don't have to feel this loss without them.
I connected with Sadie's story on a personal level...she had family and friends that adored her and gave with all her heart yet something was missing. That one thing that all women have dreamed about since they were little...their prince! Her desire leads her on a journey of highs and lows that will leave you scratching your head.It will have you asking yourself if you truly believe in fate, that all things good and bad happen for a reason?!?!What might have been... 
I need more.....I want to hear Tony's story and what happens with Colt, Ash and Sadie. I feel like I am a part of their circle and have been left behind...lonely.
Amazing job Author Barbara Speak...everyone keep your eye on this one. I have a feeling it's just the beginning of a long, beautiful ride.
4 Heart wrenching "If it's meant to be it will be" stars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed by Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment