Sunday, June 8, 2014

Review: Dragon's Lair by Chantal Fernando

Synopsis: When I found my boyfriend cheating on me, I did something stupid.
Or should I say, someone?

Because of that mistake, I’m now stuck in a world I don’t belong in.

I’m a law student. They’re criminals.
He’s the Vice President of a MC. I’m a good girl with a strict upbringing.

He’s my ex-boyfriend’s brother.
And I’m screwed.


4.25 Stars!

Review: Faye comes home from class one day to find her boyfriend, Eric, with one of her friends. She immediately leaves and decides that she will get revenge on him by going to a bar and finding a random hook-up. Instead, she runs into his older brother, Dex, and comes up with a whole new meaning for revenge hook-up. Dex is the one that she has always had a crush on, so, for her, this night was also about more than revenge. 

Several months later, Faye's parents have kicked her out after finding out that she was pregnant. She decides not to tell Dex, as she hasn't heard from him since that night, and tries to leave town so that she can somehow make it on her own with a baby on the way. To be so smart, Faye really does make some decisions that don't always make sense. I had to keep reminding myself that she is only 20 years old, and she may also be suffering from "pregnancy brain"...which is totally a real thing. Dex finds out from Eric, however, that Faye is pregnant, and he tracks her down. This is where the real story begins. 

Dex is actually Sin, the VP of a motorcycle club, and he brings Faye back to the compound for safety while she is pregnant. Faye slowly wins the guys, and the other ladies, over, and some of her antics were actually pretty entertaining. I really liked that Dex was all in and supportive of her from the beginning, and you do find out why that is towards the end of the book - it was actually very sweet. There are a few times where trouble breaks out, and Faye has to decide if she can make it in Dex's world, which is a lot rougher than she thought, at first. Faye decides pretty quickly that she wants in, however, but it seemed mainly out her desire to want to snoop and be nosy, so she lets them know that she will be the club lawyer once she finishes school. I think Faye just seemed so young and impetuous at times, but yet all of these big, bad bikers depend on her and seem to listen to her - but I'm not sure why, since that doesn't seem consistent with their world. 

I really enjoyed a lot of the other characters, however, so I'm curious to see what happens with them next - especially Arrow. His story broke my heart, so I'm curious to see what happens for him next. 

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment