Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Review of Fallen Fourth Down by Tijan

Synopsis: My mother tried to destroy me. She doesn’t exist to me anymore and my father, the one who raised me and the biological one, are both works in progress. The only two people that I can trust are Mason and Logan, and they’re the two people who I could lose. It won’t happen. I won’t let it. No matter the truth, no matter who loves me, I won’t let anything or anyone come between us. 
They’re my world. They’re my life. 
They’re my family.

4.5 Stars!

Review: Holy cliffhanger, Batman! On the one hand, I'm so glad that this series is not yet over, but, wow, I can't stand the fact that I now have to wait to have the rest of the story. Props to this author, though, because she sucks me in every single time. I've been enthralled with Sam, Mason and Logan since the first book, so I'm glad that there will be more of them. 

This book starts off Sam and Logan's senior year of high school, with Mason pretty much already gone to college for football camp. Sam is still mulling over the information that the evil Tate had shared with her several months ago, and she is doing her usual thing and torturing herself over it. I have to say that I really want to tell Sam to put her big girl panties on and join the rest of the world. I think it struck me more in this book how young Sam acts, at times, than any of the previous books. She was annoying me so much that I had to really think about why my reaction to her in this book was so different when I have been Team Sam the whole time. I finally figured out what it was, for me. In the earlier books, Sam is very much a victim. She is emotionally and somewhat physically abused by her crazy mother; she is completed abandoned by David, whom she has always known as her father, and then completely disregarded by her actual, biological father, and she is constantly attacked by the people her own age. The only people she can really count on at all are Mason and Logan. 

In this book, though, many people have actually come around her to support her and give her strength, and she is still acting like the victim. She knows that she tends to avoid things and just goes on hours long runs, which is super unhealthy, she doesn't open up to anyone completely, including Mason and Logan, and she keeps pushing people away when they are begging to help in any way. She is still acting like she is abandoned, however, and even Mason and Logan call her out on this. I was also annoyed with them for letting it go on as long as it did, but maybe I'm giving 17 and 18 year olds too much credit. Even with all of that, however, I still loves these Fallen Crest people. Drama and problems follow them everywhere they go, and I can't wait to see what fires they set next. :)

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment