Sunday, October 5, 2014

Review for The Spice of Life by Jake Furie Lapin







SYNOPSIS:

The Spice of Life (or #TSOL, to fans) follows Jake Furie Lapin, a 37-year-old sexaholic and loving Dom. As the first book in a three-part series, TSOL explores Jake’s transformation from a submissive, out-of-shape man, stuck in a sexless marriage, to a strong, successful, fit, loving Dom. This first book follows Jake as he describes his many sexual adventures, in great detail, to Kelli, his sex therapist.

Kelli Lemberg is a successful sex therapist who has an office-based practice in Manhattan. Like Jake, Kelli finds herself trapped in a marriage that is lacking heat and passion. Through her sex therapy sessions with Jake, Kelli begins to undergo an amazing transformation of her own, as she uncovers and explores the depths of her own inner sexuality and sensual fire.




REVIEW:

3 " That's a Hot Mess" Stars

I received this book for an honest review. 

First, let me say that I don't do spoilers with any review I write. I feel that ruins the story for readers and I feel that every one needs to experience each emotion for themselves.

I loved that right from the start I felt an easy connection to Kelli and her desire for more in a very lacking marriage. I love that she's obviously older than our typical book character and yet she's strong and confident in who she is.

But this is where my love for this read stopped....I can't believe I am going to say this but there was too much sex and too much attention to detail that we really didn't need. It just felt all over the place at times and I kept waiting on that "something" to happen?!?!

I can best describe this book as a great big tease. I could see where it was headed yet it never got there. NOW, I understand that's part of a series to keep you wanting more but frankly I could have gone without a majority of this story. I need the rest of this story NOW!! So yes, I will finish this journey because I do want to see the sparks fly eventually!!!!

~Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment