Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Review: Toxic by Kim Karr



Blurb
He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not
Sometimes you have to wonder if your life is just too good to be true.
Is it real or just an illusion?
Does the man lying beside you really love you like he says he does?
If the answer is yes, you’re meant to live happily ever after.
If the answer is no, you’re living my life…
and nothing will ever be the same.

I know I should walk away, but I can't.

I’ll take whatever I can get for as long as it lasts.
I know when it’s over…
I’ll never find another man like him. 
Review


In Toxic, Kim Karr delivers an intense, romance filled plot full of twists and laced with game, drama, angst and intoxicatingly sizzling passion. Toxic is a second chance love story of Phoebe St. Claire and Jeremy McQueen. They were once secret lovers, sharing an overwhelming desire, then torn apart by lies and misconceptions. Now, they are destined to reunite as Phoebe battles for her family’s legacy and Jeremy battles misunderstandings in order to conquer her heart.

Love can hurt but love can heal and mend your soul. Love is never easy so when you find love, it can either destroy you or make you feel ALIVE. Memories of love are like photographs that are forever engraved in our heart, mind and soul so when you find a fierce and intense love, it can be something that you can't forget. Phoebe St. Claire, she had that kind of LOVE. A love that she will always compare to him. Him being Jeremy McQueen. Fast forward several years, she is reunited with Jeremy, it hits her hard. Floods of emotions, memories, and feelings begins to resurface igniting an intense raw connection. Although they have an intense, passionate, tangible connection, one thing that was broken in their relationship was TRUST. So can Jeremy and Phoebe's relationship survive through a web of mistrust, secrets, family issues, and people trying to destroy them?


Toxic takes you on a journey. On this journey you must decrypt the clues Karr scattered throughout this book. Karl has a way of grabbing my attention, blowing my mind with plot twists, keeping me on the edge and intrigued. She is a great storyteller who weaves the perfect web full of lust, love, and angst. This standalone had my emotions all over the place, between its many ‘hold my breath’ moments, to ‘wanting to throw my IPad’ frustration, then back to Jeremy and Phoebe’s electrifying, magnetic passion. If you enjoy second chance love stories, then Toxic is definitely for you.

****
4.5 Toxic Stars
~Lynn




No comments:

Post a Comment